Thursday, January 22, 2009
Last FM: The Final Frontier
I chose the category "Music" to search under and picked the Last FM to explore. It was a tool that I had never heard of before let alone tried. The first artist I tried did not produce any hits, so I tried a more well-known group: The Beach Boys. The site gave me access to music, videos and much, much more. I tried a few other artists to see how well it did with lesser-known musicians and came up with hits for each one. The listings for the artists are by no means comprehensive, but it does give good general information in the biographies. I could see using this tool to help a student looking for information about artists and wanting to connect with other fans of those artists. I was especially impressed with the photos feature. Sometimes it is difficult to come up with a good photo of an artist. This site includes photos from albums, books and fans as well. I also felt it was very easy to use. This is a site that I plan to explore more thoroughly in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment