Friday, January 23, 2009

Beginnings

"This is only the beginning ... only just the start"

I wasn't sure that I would complete this, but here I am -- a week ahead of schedule! I look forward to exploring some of the tools that I have tried as part of this program.

My favorite exercises were trying out the Slideshare; Generator Blog; and Librarything. Although I don't think that I will use Twitter at work, it is something I find intriguing enough to continue past the 2.0 Program. I feel better prepared to help customers with questions regarding the use of some of these tools that we have explored which is always a good thing. I had hoped to be able to learn to do new things with blogging and with my MP3 player. These tasks helped me to achieve both of those goals.

I am not sure if I had any unexpected outcomes; I did enjoy talking with other co-workers as they were struggling with various Tasks outlined in the Things. I would enjoy further exploration of some of these tools (such as the Image Generator) in a formal class setting. One of the things I miss is being able to discuss these things in a group setting (adding comments to other blogs just isn't the same). Being able to bounce ideas off classmates is one of the joys of the formal classroom setting.

I do hope that the Commission offers another program like this. It has definitely been a learning experience!

No comments: