Thursday, October 23, 2008
Rss Feeds and Simplicity
For some people, creating links to RSS feeds and following them may seem like a Really Simple Suggestion, but for those of us who rarely find time to sit down at a computer, it becomes a Really Annoying Task! I was able to create the links over the course of a few minutes here and there in the past two workdays. Do I really think that I will have the time to sit at a computer and read through any of the news tidbits that I have subscribed to? In this library, this is just not a possibility for our public service staff. For those of you with desk jobs where you don't have to spend every moment of the day with the public or roaming the stacks, this might be easier. In any event, I have it done and will probably not use the RSS feature again. Anyone for a newspaper?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I find your post interesting because it shows how different each one of us is. I personally have never been a newspaper reader. Before I started using RSS to receive my news my only source of information was watching the morning TV news. For me I’d rather spend a few minutes in front of the computer at home scanning the list of news stories from a variety of sources via RSS then pick up a newspaper. I’ll let you keep the newspaper and I’ll keep my computer.
Post a Comment